Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bynesferatos on 11/14/2011

I've bought it to programming AVR microcontrollers. I've tried it under linux (ubuntu x64), using "5-wired" easy-to-make homemade AVR-programmer with buffer 74hc244n. Everything works great! I've programmed it using Ponyprog2000 program and avrdude console programmer. Both works ok (using STK200 mode). I've used AVR Atmega-16 I think such ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byXudonax on 07/27/2010

Really simple to install, just shutdown your computer, plug in the card and start your computer. Drivers are automatically installed on just about all operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Linux). Really usefull when you are trying to program a ARM development board with only a parallel connection None really, it just works. Would have been nice ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byphoebus16 on 02/05/2010

It just works! I have tested it with a lcd character display and works as expected. That means that is a real port and not just for printers like the usb-parallel converters. No cons really, the price could be a little better but still it worths it if you need it. The I/O address of the card is $E800 to me (I also have a motherboard parallel) so I have ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySirUrx on 08/20/2009

Parallel port working fine with my old HP printer. I ordered this card because USB to LPT cable had problems sometimes with my printer. Build quality looks great. The card has also 2 serial ports, what can be seen on windows clearly but on card are not mounted some parts so they can't be used. Windows can't recognize card without special drivers given ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynahiko on 05/19/2009

Very good card, it is not a fake parallel port, it is an actual parallel port. It works as it is supposed to. I bought it to get some digital outputs out from my computer, and so I did, and it works really good. It is easy to install the card and the driver. The CD that came with it did not work, the driver is not in it or at least I was not able to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byflye75 on 03/01/2009

- cheap. all the shops i look at sells this at double the price. - good for pc that doesn't come with any parallel port. - works 100% with my CNC program (mach 3) - very good, no complains actually - there's no instructions/ model number inside the box. - Driver CD doesn't state which driver to use.(later found out this is the MCS9805 chipset) - no ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFossalta on 02/10/2009

Adds a standard parallel port to a PC Works better than a USB/Parallel convertor because it actually shows as a parallel port and not a USB printing device. This means that it also works for scanner devices! Very cheap compared to other manufacturers. Easy to install, just like any other PCI card. Works with most DIY programmers for microcontrollers.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDrKlahn on 02/05/2008

These are inexpensive, solid cards that worked on every system (W98 and XP) I installed them in. The Windows XP Control Panel driver configuration even allows you to set interrupt usage -- none, avoid if possible, or use freely. Plug-and-pray sees the card as a PCI Simple Communication Controller, not a printer port, so you do need to install the driver ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCQ2000 on 01/31/2008

Price. Driver supplied did not work for me. Manufacture's driver is here: http://www.moschip.com/html/MCS9805.html This card does not use standard parallel port IO 0x378 and IRQ 7. If your device relies on standard (legacy ISA) configuration, this may not work for you. If you bought a new computer and it did not have a parallel port, and you need one,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCountZero on 01/21/2008

Gives a working parallel port and works under linux. No special drivers needed. Works with Jtag adapers. None uses moschip mcs9805 Don't have enough parallel ports on your computer for jtag adapters/stepper control/whatever? Get this. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections