DX » Community » Reviews » 0.6mm Solder Wire (200g)
  • 5 star 19 ( 66% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 10% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 3 ( 10% )
  • 1 star 4 ( 14% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byBartware10 on 05/03/2014

Good quality stuff, having 0.6 mm is excellent for delicate work. Excellent price. Package comes with loads of welding. I found none. Welding with excellent quality, very thin and very practical for delicate trabalnhos. I used to solder wires from circuits to residential energy. The price is the most attractive, when I needed to get that material before ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byangrydxer on 01/18/2014

Nothing. Absolutely unusable solder wire! It heeds a high temperature (more than 330 dgr.) and only then starts to melt. I don't understand it, because regular Sn60/Pb40 begins to melt at 235 dgr! Next thing, this solder wets the soldered surfaces very bad and has a very poor adhesion. The flux inside the solder wire doesn't help! It just pollutes the ... Read more

4 0
  • posted byfrznlogic on 04/07/2013

Cheap. The roll of soldering wire I received had no markings on it such as the pictures on this website, so basically a no name roll. I ordered it since the picture said 63% Sn which indicates it's a high content lead based soldering wire, but after using it I am in belief that is rubbish and it is in fact RoHS compliant soldering wire with higher melting ... Read more

5 1
  • posted bypengekcs2 on 02/07/2013

Affordable, good soldering wire with flux inside. I guess it is unleaded thus you need higher temperature to use it well. Around 350 degrees centigrade is fine. It might not be a con though. Once I got used to it, going back to leaded solder was a bit hard as leaded melts at lower temps and flows more easily. This melts a bit slower and thus sometimes ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAndersonfms on 10/08/2012

This is a very good solder wire. Easy to solder with it. Contain flux inside. Useful for small components.It really flows nice.Really good!!! I can't think of any. Absolutely None!!! Only the price I think, could be a cheapest. Nice and thin solder wire. Contain flux inside, Easy to use, Really good!!! Work well to solder small objects. I recommend ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycuptos on 08/24/2012

Object as described, it works as expected. Very thin wire, ideal for meticulous works. I fixed mi Nintendo DS Lite power switch with it. It has flux inside. The quality is not the highest and the joint doesn't shine too much... But it will do for me, I don't use it daily and just for small repairs. Flange of reel was damaged by shipping in a standard ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDanova3 on 06/04/2011

Turned my soldering iron down to 650 and compared this solder (labeled by a sticker saying 2004643) to my trusty, 20yo 1lb reel of Kester "44" Rosin Core,63/37 0.031 diameter. Not a lot of difference. The Kester gave a shinier joint, but not much difference Same melting point as the 63/37 Kester Can't see any signs of rosin problems further ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bytrevmar on 03/25/2011

1. Turned my soldering iron down to 650 and compared this solder (labeled by a sticker saying 2004643) to my trusty, 20yo 1lb reel of Kester "44" Rosin Core,63/37 0.031 diameter. Not a lot of difference. The Kester gave a shinier joint, but not much difference 2. Same melting point as the 63/37 Kester 3. Can't see any signs of rosin problems ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylynxSnowCat on 03/18/2011

(as stated before) My colleagues nolonger bother me for solder wire. (as stated before) Absurd level of impurity; Even the smallest joint produced dross that needs scraping off with a hot iron. The rosin core (if there was any) does not appear to run through the entire length of the spool. AND the quality is so bad that I've now reached a section where ... Read more

8 0
  • posted byClientSberbanka on 10/30/2010

+ Extremely cheap (in Russia it costs x3 more). + Has flux inside. + This flux is enoughly active for soldering electronic components but may be not enoughly active for soldering metal dishes. + 200 g will be enough for a long time for a home use. + It is NOT lead-free, it is NOT RoHS and it is GREAT (see "Other Thoughts"). I can't think of ... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections