Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byHavlis on 02/16/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works very well on Win Xp, also on RedHat Linux. I am using it as software raid with 4x 500GB. It comes very good packaged. I am using it only as regular sata, no card raid. Raid functionality was not tested. Card fit very well in PCI slot. I am not using shippe... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydvmalina on 10/05/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Well-known Silicon Image 3114 chip. Both Windows and Linux work right out from the box. No hassle with looking for a driver. CD with the drivers is included to shipment, if the Windows can not find the proper one. Contains EEPROM, that the BIOS can be upgraded... Read more

0 0
  • posted byVizsuall on 07/30/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Because I need more than two extra SATA ports in my computer so I bougth this card. The card slides perfectly in de PCI slot and sits very tight. Under XP it is very easy to install the driver with the deliverd CD. It is almost plug-and-play. Because I only have some op... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymysjkin on 07/24/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works straight out of the box with my debian / kernel 3.2.0 amd64 machine. Comes with two sata cables. Unbeatable price. Cons:The sata cables are the shortest I've ever seen, not usable in my server box (luckily I had some longer spares) Not Pci-e. OtherThoughts:Hope it w... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjtrosario on 12/18/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This controller card can be made to work with Windows 7 if you have the right drivers. And they do exist. I was then able to install Windows 7 as a new install onto a new SSD connected to this Silicon Image 4-Port PCI Expansion Card, also known as Silicon Image 3114. Co... Read more

2 0
  • posted byghostDancer on 11/24/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good price works flawlessly on a Debian GNU/Linux, if you have to add SATA ports to your computer and you use the Penguin OS run like hell from VIA chipsets, all kind of problems, but with Sil chipsets never have any. Cons:Everything working perfectly till now. OtherTho... Read more

3 1
  • posted bylyangsuper on 09/05/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Easy to install and use - contains two SATA cables, about 50 cm long - drivers are included - supports raid functionality - very cheap for a 4-port card - recognized my 2 TB drives without problems out of the box, 3 TB are not support as far as I know. Cons:... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysangram on 08/18/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Worked out of the box with Windows 7 using the driver CD. Windows automatically discovered an update and installed it. Works perfectly with 2TB drives in the newer shipped cards. Needs no external power connector. Cheeeeeeap! Cons:SATA ports are a slight strug... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEdreams on 02/06/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Pretty good, not the fastest card, but is great when you LVM stripe drives on Linux Cons:The connectors to the SATA are fragile, they are also not mounted well and can bend. One drop of ethyl cyanoacrylate (super glue) to the back side of each fixes the issue.... Read more

1 0
  • posted bystudent69 on 03/01/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I have been using 4 of these cards in a linux server for over a year now and they have performed flawlessly. I had to upgrade the firmware one at a time to begin with but once upgraded they accepted all kinds of drives. Cons:I did have an issue with one Seagat... Read more

1 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections