DX » Community » Reviews » CMI 6 Channel PCI Sound Card (CMI 8738 Chipset)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byHMBR on 03/19/2012

Very easy to install, just works fine, it's easy to find drivers (not that you need it, it comes with a CD with the drivers, but I like to download the most updated software) and works with all the most important OSes, sound quality is good as expected, I didn't notice any problem or inferiority compared ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bysoltro on 07/05/2010

- Cheap - An improvement over motherboard sound devices - Easy to use user interface - Windows XP SP3 detected the card and installed the drivers automatically - Build quality, especially the mini-jacks seems a bit fragile - Accompanying software needs to be installed separately (at least on my XP SP3... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bysekihoutai on 03/12/2010

* VERY CHEAP sound card * Awesome sound quality * Has an actual site with drivers and updates * Still works to this date * easily supports my 5.1 surround sound; great quality! * Nothing really * i was looking for a new sound card as my mobo didn't have one for some reason; This fit the bill perfectly ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byyeoldebill on 08/29/2008

It's got those 6 channels (although I am only using a headset with it) Virtual surround sound, thats awesome in games. Cheap. It allows me to use a microphone and people can actually understand what i'm saying. The driver cd that came with it was broken and wouldn't read, so I had to use the 3rd party ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byMSILover on 03/04/2008

Pro's * 6 Channel * Easy to use * Win 98se/2k/Xp/Vista Ready * 24-Bit SPDif Recording * 16 Bit @ 96 khz Playback Possible (See Other Thoughts) Con's * No Analog CD Drive Audio Connection * On Mini CD Drivers that come with the soundcard are not fully featured but easily fixed (See Other Thoughts) To ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections