Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byLeodahsan on 11/15/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Very strong source of IR. - Useable for remote controls replacement (able to change my TV channel from 100m :D) - Incredible strong Cons:- Easy to burn out - Very high heat generated (~0.5w) - Looks like a flashlight replacement - Aluminium star (with replac... Read more

2 0
  • posted bygm___ on 04/24/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is a seriously bright source of IR! Cheap for what it puts out. Don't bother with arrays of 5mm IR LEDs when you can have one of these! Cons:None really. Well, it gets hot, like most IR LEDs. OtherThoughts:Use one of these for an IR remote! I put one of t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCWalters on 02/27/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This is a very bright source of IR light. If you deal with IR for experimentation, work, etc. this is a good buy. The construction seems very sturdy and will likely handle use in a less than delicate environment. Solder pads are large allowing easy connection... Read more

2 0
  • posted bystyropyro on 01/06/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Powerful IR emitters, it's amazing how much light they emit when viewed through an infrared camera. Also, my IR emitters came on a star instead of a 20mm board, which is a great pro! Cons:None at all OtherThoughts: Bottomline:If you are in to messing with IR lig... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydispinola on 10/02/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:I bought a couple of these to make IR markers, and they work perfectly for that, spreads IR pretty much equally all over the ENTIRE "positive" hemisphere of it, Cons:no datasheet :( OtherThoughts:even though they are pricey, they are just so great at I... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections