Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byLeodahsan on 11/15/2010

- Very strong source of IR. - Useable for remote controls replacement (able to change my TV channel from 100m :D) - Incredible strong - Easy to burn out - Very high heat generated (~0.5w) - Looks like a flashlight replacement - Aluminium star (with replaceable led) - Gives a big head/eye ashe after some time of use - Bit red light visible (on the emitter ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bygm___ on 04/24/2008

This is a seriously bright source of IR! Cheap for what it puts out. Don't bother with arrays of 5mm IR LEDs when you can have one of these! None really. Well, it gets hot, like most IR LEDs. Use one of these for an IR remote! I put one of them on a breadboard and the camera couldn't see anything within a 30cm radius, it was so much IR. Good for night ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCWalters on 02/27/2008

This is a very bright source of IR light. If you deal with IR for experimentation, work, etc. this is a good buy. The construction seems very sturdy and will likely handle use in a less than delicate environment. Solder pads are large allowing easy connection for even those with limited soldering skill. Only connection points are solder pads. For those ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bystyropyro on 01/06/2008

Powerful IR emitters, it's amazing how much light they emit when viewed through an infrared camera. Also, my IR emitters came on a star instead of a 20mm board, which is a great pro! None at all If you are in to messing with IR light, pick a few of these up. Read more

0 0
  • posted bydispinola on 10/02/2007

I bought a couple of these to make IR markers, and they work perfectly for that, spreads IR pretty much equally all over the ENTIRE "positive" hemisphere of it, no datasheet :( even though they are pricey, they are just so great at IR illumination (including backlighting purposes) that you should consider buying a bunch... I wish there was ... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections