DX » Community » Reviews » SiliconImage 2 SATA & 2 eSATA Expansion PCI-e Express Card
  • 5 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byAlexHamelink on 03/31/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:The two sata cables that came with it are long, and useful. The jumpers were set in the right position by default (to the two internal ports) It is bootable The box that it came in is nice, especially the anti-static plastic around the card itself. The card is small enoug... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySlartybartfast on 09/01/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:I wanted a PCI-E card to run a SATA DVD burner and occasionally an external E-SATA drive. This does the job nicely. I set it up with one internal and one external port and connected the SATA DVD to the internal port. I started 64 bit Windows 7 and it automatically downloa... Read more

1 0
  • posted byMarloureiro on 03/23/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Its a small card and do the work, i was afraid that it wont work with windows 7, but for my impression it altomatically install the drivers on windows 7 On boot screen its really a fast boot, not like the promisse controllers that take ages to boot up Cons:the o... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytalkazmir on 02/02/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I've bought this card in order to have more SATA connections, I've selected the PCI express in order to gain more speed and not be restricted to the bus of the regular PCI. WORKS!!!!! Cons:It took me around 2 hours to finally get this card sorted and to have it adding t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjluotio on 01/06/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It's cheap and offers two ports working at one time. Installation is very easy. Also drivers can be found from internet easily. Cons:You has to choose whether you use internal or external ports. So this is not actually 4-port card as it has only two working si... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymmany2 on 08/03/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:* Small size * 4 SATA connectors (you can't use them all at the same time, but still, 4 connectors) * Works in Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit (tested with Ultimate edition) * RAID * No driver issues with multiple connected SATA-chipsets in the same machine. I h... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydmarinucci on 08/14/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:All the PCI-e cards around seem to be RAID versions with a minimum of 4 ports costing near $200AUD. Just needed more ports for expansion, not hardware or software RAID so this card was a great find. If you had enough PCI-e slots these cards are great way to expand on th... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMetalPhreak on 09/17/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:2x External ports OR 2x internal ports 3132 chipset supports raid Small size and uses new PCI express x1 connector External connectors are normal Sata so you don't need special eSata cables. Cons:You can only use either both external, both internal, or one of ea... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections