• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
No esta mal
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Usefull stuff.

posted by GordonGecco on 04/23/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Easy to use flux in a metal can.
    Works well for electronics soldering.
    Odorless and smokeless (well, somewhat anyway).
    Doesn’t dry out if you forget to put on the lid.

Cons:

Not much really, the lid on the container is a bit loose and will fall of if you turn the can upside down.

OtherThoughts:

I have no idea what this is made of but it seems to work well for electronics soldering. This flux has a grease-like consistency that makes it easy to apply, it’s not as sticky as rosin based fluxes but it will somewhat hold your components in place during soldering. The flux residue is quite oily and sticky so it’s a good idea to remove it after soldering. The label on the box states that the flux is PH neutral so it should be safe for electronics use, nevertheless, I would make sure to remove the residue after soldering just to be on the safe side...

Bottomline:

Works well for electronics soldering and has a really low price. The lack of content information makes me a bit suspicious about the PH properties, but as long as the residue is removed there shouldn’t be any problems in using it for electronics.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections