• 1 star 1 ( 8% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Yes, they can be used to trim plants

posted by ruetma on 02/15/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

I bought these to trim hydroponically grown basil plants, and they are utterly perfect for that job. Since then I've used them to trim back dead spikes on my phal orchid, cut open plastic bag packaging and removed a thrum (stray thread) on one of my sweaters.
    Cutting is accompanied by a satisfying scissory sound like when you get your hair cut
    Very handy little tool

Cons:

Standard cons with ceramic blades — don't drop these on a hard surface, don't try to cut anything hard, don't throw them around in a drawer or the blades will break.
    My blades were attached to the frame with 1 rivet instead of two, so the supplier for these may have changed or the pictures are otherwise out of date. One star removed on the build quality because this, 2 rivets are better than one.

OtherThoughts:

Even with one rivet, the blade isn't going anywhere unless you try to cut something hard.

Bottomline:

Good for small hands, price is good considering blades will stay sharp for practically forever if you treat them right. Blades will never rust. In that you can trust. For DX's price, why be fussed?

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections