Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byNorthernDIY on 12/05/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Provides some flux like action for soldering. It's super cheap! Comes Securely packaged. Easy clean up with the right solvents. Cons:Leaves a lot of residue. Flux action is on the weak side. Can be a heck of a mess when chipping a piece out of the block. Other... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBonejj on 05/21/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- A simple and useful product - 2 20g boxes of Rosin - Seems refined well enough for my needs Cons:I wouldn't mind if it came in a better container or bigger blocks. I would like to see a 80g option available for purchase. OtherThoughts:I have found that for b... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynmapper on 10/31/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Clear hard rosin for making homebrew flux for soldering. No corrosive residue has been left on stuff I have used it for. I crushed it and dissolved it in isopropyl alchol. All of it dissolved so no random solids in it either! Cons:None that I have found yet. I have no w... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBrendanP on 10/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This stuff is very inexpensive yet effective! What I did was crush it into a powder, the particles being about the same size as granulated sugar or table salt, dissolved that into 100ml of ~99% isopropyl alcohol (I used the 'salting out' method of removing the... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFenki on 08/13/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I use it as soldering flux solved in isopropyl alcohol. It can also be used to protect PCB from oxidation. For this I just dissolved as much colophonium in the alcohol as possible. After covering the PCB with this, it dries within 1 - 2 days to a glass-like, s... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKuremyr on 08/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is great stuff, I use it a LOT when soldering my electronics projects at home. Just mix it up according to the patent supplied in another review and your on your way to better soldering jobs and better circuit performance. Cons:Might not end up being the... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypetevan1970 on 12/08/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I used this to make my own flux. I followed the directions that I found her on the reviews. I crushed up one box, put in a container added about 60% of the volume of rubbing alcohol a little bit of vegetable glycerin and a day later I had the best and cheapest... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydextremeeal on 11/08/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Dissolve it in Isopropyl or Ethanol, heat it, let it cool and the alcohol evaporate a bit. You get viscous colophony flux that won't flow away until you solder. With more alcohol, you get a liquid for brushing onto a PCB or sticking wires in. Cons:It's a bit h... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOtatiaro on 01/19/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This is just awesome. You can create a very efficient, very cheap solder flux with this item. Simply add some IPA (isopropylic alcohol) and some drops of glycerin, wait 24 or 48 hours and voilà. Cons:You need time for the rosin to melt in the IPA, if you need... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydansdata on 10/03/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap as chips. Looks like pretty high-grade pine resin ("rosin"). Cons:The resin was poured molten into the boxes, so it's in there tight. If you want to use it as solder flux, you'll need to break it up. If you want to use it on a bow, you'll have to... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections