Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• I own, I love it.

posted by Aflatoxin on 02/28/2011
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Great for emergency fire-making needs.

Smooth flint action means this little lighter lights the first time every time! I love these little gems. All heavy metal construction except for the bottom, which is made from a tough ABS type of black plastic. Each end has expertly crafted threads for easy cap removal. Each end cap also has a crucial rubber O-ring so your lighter will never leak. Zippo's are useless to me, because they eventually lose all fuel through vapor-loss. These little lighters can be filled with normal Naphtha camp oil or Zippo fuel, and then chucked away for when you need it most!

Cons:

No cons, just a word of caution. The bottom end cap (with leather tether) is made from high grade plastic.

As with any plastic on metal scenario, one MUST be VERY CAUTIOUS not to misalign the threads when you tighten (put back on) the plastic cap. I had trouble with this, so I gently backed up and got a good alignment before tightening. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.

OtherThoughts:

The lighter works like any other oil-lighter including flint replacement, pull-up wick as needed and typical fibrous fuel soak. I use a syringe to fill these small lighters. I would estimate a 2.5 ml maximum fuel capacity. I have no idea how many lights that will get you. Keep in mind the flame size is tiny. Flame size is small because of the short length of the wick, and may be adjusted to a larger yet less fuel efficient flame size. (I'm not messing with mine)

Bottomline:

GO AHEAD, BUY IT!!! USE IT!!! LOVE IT TOO!!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections