DX » Community » Reviews » LodeStar Soldering Paste (50g)
  • 5 star 34 ( 83% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 15% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byNorthernDIY on 12/05/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It's very reasonably priced! It's a convenient amount for hobbyists. Wets well, Solder fillets are clean, not too much out-gassing. Cons:Lead- but leaded flows much better than lead free solder. Only has a few months shelf life once opened before oxidation cau... Read more

0 0
  • posted byholomalta on 05/23/2013

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This paste is quite tacky and holds smt components in place quite firmly before soldering. The flux (mixed in) is great. All pads are perfectly wet right through at around 220 degrees. Cons:There is lead in the mixture but as long as you don't eat it and wash yo... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCaptKirk on 04/16/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is Solder PASTE (flux plus solder) Great for SMD soldering Makes difficult soldering tasks easier Makes clean solder joints Easy to use with a soldering iron, OR hot air/reflow Low residue after soldering. Easy to apply once you have a way to get it out o... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycrms78 on 03/29/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It's an excellent solder paste for SMT components, I've been using for soldering SSOP, QFT and QFN and so far I have had no problem. Quickly reached the melting point, thus avoiding prolonged stress on the IC. Cons:None, just be careful to use it in a ventilat... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynodani on 03/28/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Cheap, very cheap, and also good quality. This is mostly for SMD soldering, use an open oven or a heat gun to use it, and a syringe to dispense it on the PCB. Cons:None, maybe the lid of the container is a bit loose, but it's OK OtherThoughts:Great deal, good quality at... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySoManyFish on 02/19/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Until now I've only ever used wire-type solder. This is the first soldering paste I've ever used. I found this paste very easy to use: Just put a small amount on the clean joint area (I used the wide end of a toothpick) and then apply heat with a soldering iron. Cons:Fume... Read more

3 0
  • posted byf11lbert on 02/09/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This is soldering paste - you do not need separate flux and solder, just apply the pase and after heating it you have your items soldered. No dirt after it. And I do not understand how I would solder SOT23 and such IC's without the paste. Cons:For me there are no cons.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJhonny321 on 01/23/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It is a nice solder paste (it smells a little bit funny most of the times) in a small container that is a must in every prototype PCB that you make. Cons:It came only in this 50g container. I would love to have this on a bigger container. Something like 150 to... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMieciu on 12/21/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:melts easily, just enough flux inside, easy to clean after soldering, easy to apply with toothpick :-) It's good for tinning wires, also perfect for smd soldering - take a look at my example device -70A current sensor: http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9125/0... Read more

clean soldering joints
    0 0
  • posted byShadowLight on 12/19/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Awesome ! I never used that kind of thing, only regular tin wires. And this is great. I had to solder a Bluetooth SMiRF module on connectors, to make it removable from my board... Just apply some paste in the holes, put your iron on it, heat it up and you're done! It do... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections