DX » Community » Reviews » 40W Rubber Handle Electronics DIY Welding Soldering Iron (220~240V AC)
  • 5 star 10 ( 53% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byrobindebrown on 06/23/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It is cheap and it does what is supposed to do, it heats up quite fast. The tip is very thin so it is nice for small board work. I have this soldering iron for quite a while now and I use it a few times a month, it still work good and tip looks still nice Cons:Tip becam... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygoostom on 05/29/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This solder iron gets the job done. I don't need it really often so I decided to get a cheap one. I can solder with this pretty good, as long as you keep your tip clean and maintain it as you should. Small tip for soldering smaller areas. Cons:The handle is made of hard... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycapdegarde on 04/27/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This soldering iront is cheap and yet its quality is good enough. It is light and quite easy to handle and the cord length is OK. Heats up quickly. Cons:I would not keep it switched ON for too long. The first time I used it the smoke was so smelly that I had to... Read more

0 0
  • posted byShunra1 on 04/19/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good soldering iron that gets the job done, price is pretty good (Don't forget the the price includes shipping),solid construction , 40W is enough for most light to medium-light jobs Cons:The soldering tip rusts (the tip is replaceable) OtherThoughts:The tip p... Read more

0 0
  • posted byibnpc on 02/02/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I used the soldering iron to change capacitor for my motherboard and it worked just fine! So even for detailed work it's a handy device! Cons:The handel gets a little hot after long use (30 to 45 minutes), but that's it. If you switch it of for a few minutes it good to... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKribbzor on 12/25/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is a really good piece of soldering iron! To me, it has the perfect heat, and its very easy to use. Its perfect for a beginner who wants a cheaper soldering iron to learn the basics. I got one for myself and one for my stepdad, and he loves it to! It fits... Read more

0 0
  • posted byZippeDude on 12/18/2012

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:I used the soldering iron to change LED's for my XBOX controller and it worked just fine! So even for detailed work it's a handy device! Cons:The handel gets a little hot after long use (30 to 45 minutes), but that's it. If you switch it of for a few minutes it... Read more

0 0
  • posted byraymontan on 12/16/2012

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works well Cheap Melts solder easily after initial warm-up Short warm up time (i think?) of around a minute Cons:Odd fumes emitted when used for the first time. Probably not the most healthy. However, stops after awhile. A better grip could be provided, nearer t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRomasik on 11/30/2012

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Comfortable rubber handle. Heats very fast. Good for small to medium soldering. Nice sharp tip. I have already used it several times and seems tough enough. It is lightweight. It comes with European plug (220~240 Volt) so nu adapter required. Comfortable rubbe... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymoosta8 on 11/30/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Cheap and useful - Nice to handle - Nice add to toolbox -Heats very fast. Cons:- tend to overheat - cheap material - should include a solder holder -smoke comes out sometimes OtherThoughts:Maybe should include a solder holder.It would be nice if it had a small switch... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections