DX » Community » Reviews » 40W Rubber Handle Electronics DIY Welding Soldering Iron (220~240V AC)
  • 5 star 13 ( 52% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
does the job Good for its price
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byArchondrion on 08/11/2014

Pros: lightweight, sharp and good quality tip. cable long enough. Does the job. in balance when left on a table. Cons: might get a bit too hot if you dont work with it and leave on. If you dont work professionally and use it once in a while, its more than enough. Does the job. Easy to use. You might want to take it off the plug if it gets too hot, not ... Read more

Impression:Good for its price,does the job;

0 0
  • posted byNorgs on 02/02/2014

This unit is cheap for sure. Mine has spent something like 50 hours working and still works the same as the day I got it. This iron does not get hot enough to get your solder really hot for that nice shiny finish. Best look for a unit that has temp control so you can have an idea on what temp the iron is at. The changeable tips is a good feature, but ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKreeper on 10/25/2013

Really great for its price. Handle is not hot while operating for a while. Soldering iron tip became a little bit dangling after first use. However, fixed by screwing it more. Also, a little smoke at the first use. Nothing but soldering iron can be found in the package. Description which comes with that tool is written using baaad english. Ideal for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysnsgn on 09/05/2013

- Hot enough to do electronics soldering - Heats up quick - Easy to handle None, so far. This is a really good product for its money. A set of different tips would be useful. Also, I saw on the packaging that there must be different versions of this product rated at 20/30/40/50/60 watts, etc. I think 20 or 30 would really be not enough, as it feels ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byprofy163 on 08/16/2013

Not expensive. Works Fine. Very Nice design. The soldering iron bears the following very useful features: - Very light - Flexible cable - Fast heating, hot tip. The iron tool, starts smoke a lot, when pluged in first time, need to open a window for a fresh air. First i'm scared, thinking will burn something inside it. But after a while, the smoking ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJohnWayner on 08/11/2013

Cheap, I use it for desoldering components in combination with an alloy pump and it serves just fine. It comes with an EU rounded plug. It gets hot quite fast. The cable might be a bit short. After a long period of desoldering it might lose a bit of it's temperature. The upper part of the handle usually gets hot. It would be very useful if it had a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrobindebrown on 06/23/2013

It is cheap and it does what is supposed to do, it heats up quite fast. The tip is very thin so it is nice for small board work. I have this soldering iron for quite a while now and I use it a few times a month, it still work good and tip looks still nice Tip became loose after a couple of times, not a real problem just screw it again. Plastic holder ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygoostom on 05/29/2013

This solder iron gets the job done. I don't need it really often so I decided to get a cheap one. I can solder with this pretty good, as long as you keep your tip clean and maintain it as you should. Small tip for soldering smaller areas. The handle is made of hard plastic, as almost all other solder irons. There is however a small gap between the two ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycapdegarde on 04/27/2013

This soldering iront is cheap and yet its quality is good enough. It is light and quite easy to handle and the cord length is OK. Heats up quickly. I would not keep it switched ON for too long. The first time I used it the smoke was so smelly that I had to open the window to air the room (fortunately it did not last long). The handle tends to get a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byShunra1 on 04/19/2013

Good soldering iron that gets the job done, price is pretty good (Don't forget the the price includes shipping),solid construction , 40W is enough for most light to medium-light jobs The soldering tip rusts (the tip is replaceable) The tip provided isn't that good, rusts quickly and is too thin for some heavier jobs like 16AWG wire soldering, for those ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections