Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Can't beat it for the price. Works very well!

posted by buncle on 06/09/2012
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Plug and play, very simple to use. Snap your iPhone into the case and the lens simply screws on (yes, screw not snaps on... more detail below).

The picture quality is quite reasonable. When viewing distance objects, there is a slight ghosting or double-vision, but not too extreme. You must play with the focus ring to get the best quality picture.

Finally, the price is awesome. I can take some very nice distance shots with this lens, and it can also be used as for depth-of-field close-up shots (foreground focused, background blurred).

Cons:

Not really a con, but a caution: You must play with the focus ring to get the best quality picture, with minimal ghosting. Also you will often find yourself fighting with the iPhone's built-in auto-focus (i.e. as you change the lenses focus, the iPhone will auto-refocus). This, however you can override by holding the screen where you want to focus, and the iPhone's focus will 'lock' to that spot.

There is a little noticeable vignette to the corners of the pictures. I personally don't mind this, but be prepared for it.

Also, there is a little distortion, so you'll notice that straight lines are a little less straight. Again, nothing too major or off-putting (for me at least)

OtherThoughts:

Other reviews have mentioned the u-shaped clip that the lens snaps onto. They appear to have altered this design, as mine arrived with a circular threaded attachment that simply screws into the iPhone case. This

Bottomline:

Buy it. Keep it in your travel-bag/hand-luggage when not using it, and whenever you travel you have a great 'telephoto-ish' lens to take distance shots. For this price, you can't really argue at all.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections