Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
Compact, lightweight, well built. Silent - have no cooler fan. Supports subtitles. Supports multiple audiotracks in movie file, with selecting needed one. Supports at least FAT32 and NTFS formatted USB drives (my NTFS formatted 500Gb USB HDD works well). Poweroffs connected HDD, when standby. Suppots cyrillic subtitles and filenames. Fast power on.
- Not so ergonomical remote.
- Do not supports mp3's cyrillic tags. Very strange, since it supports cyrillic in filenames and subtitles.
- No playback navigation other than FF and RW - on heavy movies unusable, very slow.
- It seems that heavy movie (such as 1080p MKV) plays at the limit of processor power - rare lags.
- Supports firmware update, but there is no information about where can download it. So, existing bugs wouldn't be fixed.
- It can not disable sound playback thru HDMI. I've connected this player to my AV receiver via SPDIF, and tv sound undesirable for me.
I've connected it to my HDReady LCD tv via HDMI cable, and to my AV receiver via SPDIF - it works well. Have no any complaints about picture proportions and quality.
Not so ideal, but which one is? Great thing for the money.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.