DX » Community » Reviews » 36-LED 612-Lumen String Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell - White Light (12V)
  • 5 star 5 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good light output

posted by Wirral_guy on 12/15/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good value light strip for general lighting.
    The light is quite cold (blu-ish) but very useable.
    I have mine in my log store/shelter which is 2 metres x 3 metres (6f x 10f in old money!) and it provides a good level of light - eqivalent to say a 60w incandescent.
    It is actually hooked up to a 200w 12v lead acid battery and a solar charging system so I will always have light in there for very little power consumption.
    Although I have not used it for any significant length of time (plus the outside temp is 0-8c at the moment) it doesn't appear to have any heat issues, even without the aluminium case.

Cons:

The led strip is loose in the aluminium case, it sits in slots and just slides out - fine for me as I haven't used the case but might be an issue for some.
    Also, the supplied short leads are very low quality and one connection failed in the time it took my to fit the lamp in place. Not a major problem as most people will need to add far longer leads anyway but you ned to be aware of it if you don't have soldering facilities.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

All in all, good value for a decently built led strip.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections