Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• A great little general purpose light.

posted by CCH613 on 11/30/2011
    5 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

A nice weight, and a good size. this is bigger than a mag-lite solitare, but a great replacement. No bulb to burn out, and lots of light.

It will sit on its tail for indirect lighting off the ceiling, or in a tent (if you have a flat floor).

I particularly like the clip. First, you can use this as a clip, to keep at the top of your pack, bag, or whatever, but also it prevents it from rolling about.

Nice to have this as a single "AA" vs "AAA". slightly bigger, but 3x the power.

I tried this agains a 250 lm light, and it was less (as expected, but not too much so. I'm guessing 220 LM is about right. seems to work as well with lithium (1.75v) and NiMh (1.2v). I can't notice a difference.

Cons:

OK, so I really don't have any major complaints. It is fine just as it is, BUT, if I were redesigning this, I would ...

I think that it could be a bit shorter, and slightly narrower, fitting the battery more snuggly.

It could use a small hole at the end for a peice of string - yes, you could use the clip, but that looks messy.

I think perhaps 2 modes would be nice - but is that now setting to be too complicated - hard to say.

OtherThoughts:

The tail-cap LOOKS like it glows - but you're going to shine another light on it to charge up the glowing feature - just an observation, not a criticism.

I'd prefer if it had clear silver anodising. That way scratches won't show as much.

Bottomline:

Yup, if you want a little general purpose light. buy this. Will be a great replacement for any filiment flashlight on all counts.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections