Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by_tsa_ on 05/31/2014

Tested in Windows 8. All these worked: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB (SATA) Samsung HD154UI 1500GB (SATA) Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB (IDE) Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB (IDE) Quantum Fireball 1.2GB (IDE) IBM DJNA-352030 E182115 HG 20.3GB (IDE) LG GSA-4160B (CD/DVD drive, IDE, Did not appear in windows before I put a CD in. Tested with audio ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byManoRAW on 02/14/2014

-2 kind IDE connectors for 2.5', 3.5' HDD and SATA connector, all in one case; -High speed converter (~30Mb/sec read speed, ~20Mb/sec write speed); -Minimum wires for connection HDD; -Good price for that KIT. When converter works it makes acoustic noise to my soundcard output (on both my PCs). Power supply has US-type cord, for EU - need adapter-converter ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byVertifai on 02/08/2014

Had a bunch of old IDE HDD laying around that i needed to copy the data of. This allowed me to do that much faster that to copy the files to my old PC that had an IDE controller. Also works rather well for using an old IDE DVD drive as an external ODD. All the computers that I have tested it on booted off the external ODD and I have used that to install ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byakruman on 02/01/2014

+ was able to sue it on windows-xp, mac-mini and linux. + backed all my readable old hard-disks to my new hard-drive + was good for both my SATA and PATA hard-drives + really works on usb2 speed + the power supply is working, but from my work experience, i don't suggest using it, as there were cases when it ruined HD's. + so the preferred way is to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCmiguel1979 on 12/06/2013

Easy way to acess a spare hard drive. In my case I used it to recover data from a dead desktop computer. "Plug and play". Ideal if you want to put a spare drive into use for backups and etc. Power cable not compatible with EU stardards (just used a spare cable you have in home). Also, power adapter overheats a lot. Took some time for my coputer ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byScitech1 on 11/26/2013

Very good USB SATA cable set. All necessary connections are available. Good level of craftsmanship. Perfect for this price. Connects SATA or IDE hard drives to an USB port. It comes with power supply (for older drives at least), so you can power on your old drives. Also has a mini-IDE interface (such as used on notebook's hard drives) - Comes with all ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAleX30003 on 10/25/2013

Good adapter. When connecting any device through the adapter: DVD-Rom, HDD-sata, HDD-ide, the device is mounted as a native connected to the ide or sata interface. Very handy when using a laptop. Quite a lot of strings, you need to apply extra power to the HDD or a DVD-rom. First time ordering itself, and then another, and another ordered. Both are ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bychui101 on 10/01/2013

Very handy to connect just about any drive to a computer. Recognized by Windows, OS X, and Linux instantly. Cable is solid and connectors have lasted many pluggings and unpluggings. The power adapter included is junk. It doesn't output enough current to power most drives. Luckily I have a few lying around from other drive adapters that have failed. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJSC00 on 09/14/2013

Easy to use, with notebook hard-drives just "plug and play". I use this to wipe clean old or broken notebook hard drives. Works also with devices like TV or PVR. I can plug old hd to TV via this adapter and record from TV to hd. None found yet. I have not tried this with 3,5" desktop pc hard drives yet. Good value. Good quality. Easy ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytteles2012 on 09/13/2013

Cheap (in comparison with the exact same product at the stores in my location), independent power source (90 ~ 230 V AC). Easy to connect the IDE and SATA drives via USB. Nice read/write speed via USB. The only thing that I can think of is the length of the cables that came with the product, but nothing too important as I already have some spare SATA ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections