DX » Community » Reviews » Portable USB 5~500X 2.0 MP CMOS Digital Microscope with 8-LED Illumination - Black
  • 5 star 3 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 44% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybandix on 07/14/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Good image quality on windows with proprietary driver Fast delivery Cons:Only 640x480 resolution on Linux with UVC driver :-( For this price i expect proper driver shipped for linux also "...Additionally, the GL862 provides an alternative proprietary driver to m... Read more

3 0
  • posted byMatutemdq on 02/22/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Easy to use, Excelent quality for that price. Cons:No indication of the level of zoom in use. Zoom and focus work at the same time. OtherThoughts:Neither a toy for children, nor a professional piece of work. It is a very interesting tool that guarantees a lot of fun. Id... Read more

Fly´s Eye
    1 0
  • posted bypaulichile on 06/29/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:very fun to play with this. Build quality is pretty good, a lot better of what I expected for the price. plug and play and software CD Cons:at first it's hard to understand how to focus and zoom in and out. Focus and zoom are not independent. you dont know the zoom level... Read more

2 0
  • posted bydanigluz on 06/21/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Not very expensive compared to other options. Build quality is pretty good and stand is awesome (even better than the camera itself). Still images at native resolution are fairly decent. Cons:First of all, native resolution is not 2 Mpx, it is just 640x480. Plus, video ca... Read more

6 1
  • posted bydaledesigner on 06/03/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:I bought, I got faster, it actually works as a microscope, we had fun with it is pretty cool. Cons:the actual resolution of 640x480 is not what shows on the advert, the only option is to ally stretched the image, the price is too high for a resolution so low. OtherThought... Read more

0 0
  • posted byATN22 on 05/12/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:-Nice polished look -The body of the microscope is made of sturdy plastic -The capture&measure software included are very similar to those included with professionnal digital microscope -Comes with dimmable white LEDs -Allows a wide range of zoom Cons:-The z... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjuandemor on 04/22/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Ease of use. Target lighting is very good. Optics are OK. Works great. Sturdy enough to bear reasonably light shocks or bumps withuout damage. Cons:Better to shoot pics from PC instead of trigger, so to avoid any movement while pressing it. OtherThoughts:Micro-World dis... Read more

0 0
  • posted byShootistUK on 12/12/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Does what it says on the box, place above an item, twiddle the focusing ring and then hey presto a magnified image appears on the p.c. screen which in turn can be stored as a snapshot or an avi film. The varaible illumination facility allows you to adjust light levels to... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybargainator on 12/02/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:I love it, it is much more powerful than I expected. The inbuilt lights work well and it has a dimmer that allows adjustment of the light which is helpful. The arm is sturdy and the base is heavily weighted for stability. It can be used without the base and arm as a stand... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections