Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good quality of video but......

posted by dyn620 on 02/15/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Weight, size, build quality, package. Picture and video quality are very good for car DVR. Battery life is long enough. Package is very very good. Waterproof box is nice.

Cons:

Some people may not like it as car DVR due to very narrow view angle. It doesn`t see cars at the left and right of you, just middle half of your car`s hood and car in front of you. Very very narrow. I think wide angle lens model is better if car DVR is a main application.
    Also view angle strongly depends on selected video resolution. It is wider in 720p, but much narrower in other resolutions.
    One more strange thing - you will notice noisy vertical lines on the dark image in any resolution except 1080p. In 1080p - just a noise of image sensor like in other cameras.
    As a result, in 720p resolution view angle is almost enough, but noisy vertical lines in a dark scenes may affect quality of the video. You switch it to 1080p - no lines, but very very narrow angle.
    Microphone records some kind of vibration noise every time your car is moving. Not a big problem, but you vill notice it.

OtherThoughts:

I will try to find optional wide angle lens for this nice DVR and purchase it separately.

Bottomline:

Basically, it is one of the best car DVRs available now in terms of video quality. However i would strongly recommend to watch some video samples before purchase just to make sure view angle is not too narrow for your applications.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

• Over 200,000 products
  • Extremely low prices
  • Timely refunds and replacements
  • Worldwide free shipping

Subscribe to our newsletter: