Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good quality of video but......

posted by dyn620 on 02/15/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Weight, size, build quality, package. Picture and video quality are very good for car DVR. Battery life is long enough. Package is very very good. Waterproof box is nice.

Cons:

Some people may not like it as car DVR due to very narrow view angle. It doesn`t see cars at the left and right of you, just middle half of your car`s hood and car in front of you. Very very narrow. I think wide angle lens model is better if car DVR is a main application.
    Also view angle strongly depends on selected video resolution. It is wider in 720p, but much narrower in other resolutions.
    One more strange thing - you will notice noisy vertical lines on the dark image in any resolution except 1080p. In 1080p - just a noise of image sensor like in other cameras.
    As a result, in 720p resolution view angle is almost enough, but noisy vertical lines in a dark scenes may affect quality of the video. You switch it to 1080p - no lines, but very very narrow angle.
    Microphone records some kind of vibration noise every time your car is moving. Not a big problem, but you vill notice it.

OtherThoughts:

I will try to find optional wide angle lens for this nice DVR and purchase it separately.

Bottomline:

Basically, it is one of the best car DVRs available now in terms of video quality. However i would strongly recommend to watch some video samples before purchase just to make sure view angle is not too narrow for your applications.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections