• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great light but I received a defective one

posted by SlowPoke808 on 07/11/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

4-mode operation works perfectly. Very bright in high mode. Low mode is very, very low-- this is something that most flashlight connoisseurs look for. PWM frequency is super-high so there's no annoying flickering, even in the lower modes. Nice OP reflector and glass lens.

Cons:

I received a defective tailcap. It was machined 2mm shorter than specs. Because of this, the pocket clip protrudes beyond the end of the tailcap and therefore the light cannot tailstand. I posted pics of this in the forum.

Finish is OK but not great. You can see many imperfections in the knurling. Orange peel texture is visible on the painted pocket clip. It would have been nice with a stainless steel pocket clip.

This light is expensive for DX!

OtherThoughts:

Although there is no flickering on lower modes you can still hear the PWM working. This is not really a con in my book but it may annoy some people.

The LED was slightly off-center but it's not noticeable in the beam thanks to the reflector's OP surface.

Bottomline:

If tailstanding is important to you, I wouldn't buy this light until the current manufacturing problem is resolved. Overall, this is not a bad light for $20 but I think $10-$15 would be more reasonable for what you get.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections