DX » Community » Reviews » Eastward YJ J09 Cree XP-E-R3 4-Mode 240-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*AA)
  • 5 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 12% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good Light

posted by violinbf on 07/30/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very good output for a AA only battery. Excellent user interface, no sill flash modes. It's very small for a clicky, not quite as small as Nitecore EZ AA, but in the same ballpark.

Cons:

The clip extends over the end of the tail cap preventing a true tail stand. You can fudge it by setting it on the edge of a table so that the clip hangs over the edge. It will basically stand upright on a flat surface (a little crooked and wobbly) even with the clip protrusion.

OtherThoughts:

Tons of light from a AA cell. The beam is very floody, so this will not throw very far. Great for indoor use. I think it's more splash proof than water proof, the clicky rattles and a little air leaks through on a "blow test".

Bottomline:

Great emitter but the execution is a little wonky. At 12 dollars I would buy 10, at 20...i will just keep the one I have. I might remove the clip and drill some holes for a lanyard.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections