DX » Community » Reviews » BTY 1.2V "3000mAh" Ni-MH Rechargeable AA Batteries (Pair)
  • 5 star 7 ( 58% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 8% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Don't but these!

posted by breitb72 on 04/19/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The only good thing about these batteries is the price. Oh... there is one other good feature: The positive terminals stick out as far as regular alkaline batteries. Some of my NmH batteries have such short terminals that they do not make electrical contact in some of my kids' toys.

Cons:

When I held a battery in my hand I was alarmed at how light it was for how highly it was rated. It turns out that these were the WORST performing batteries I'd ever purchased! You can't quick charge them. I used them in digital cameras and my 800 mAh batteries outperformed them.

OtherThoughts:

The old cliche "you get what you pay for" usually isn't true at DX, you usually get more. This is the first item I have been disappointed in my purchase. Many of the cheaper batteries are overrated, but these ones are not over rated they are mislabeled. They are likely a poorer quality 800 mAh battery.

Bottomline:

Spend a little more money and buy a better battery. These are not even adequate enough to handle the demands of a digital camera. I'm going to put mine into LED flashlights. That may be the only thing I own with a small enough power demand to operate with these batteries.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections