DX » Community » Reviews » Stylish SX-905 Sporty Bluetooth Stereo Handsfree Headset (9.5-Hour Talk/165-Hour Standby)
  • 5 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A great Bluetooth headset for its price

posted by vanetz on 06/01/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Foldable, light and compact, USB charging (about 3 hours). Great battery life under medium use, likely will correspond with manufacturer's claims. Extremely easy to set up and pair with your device of choice (I tested it with several smartphones of different makes and models and connected it to several PCs through different Bluetooth dongles). Great sound as far as I can tell, has a surprisingly good low range. Remote control works fine as well.

Cons:

They're a bit small for my head, the frame feels a bit tight on the back of my head. Check dimensions before buying. The frame does stretch (soft plastic material), but cannot recommend for prolonged use. Rotating part of the frame had a kind of protruding edge (likely a manufacturing defect) and sometimes stings in my neck a bit (an easy fix).
    Also I'm told by other people I had phone conversations with while using headphones, that the mic is really quiet and they had trouble hearing me, even indoors.
    While using headphones with PC, some games had no audio (e.g. Borderlands), while others worked fine. May be a software issue.

OtherThoughts:

Plastic feels a bit cheap at times. Sit on ears comfortably, pads are very soft.

Bottomline:

Great Bluetooth headset in its price range.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections