Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
1. quality of both camera and receiver is good, doesn't feel and look cheap;
2. reception distance is as described, good enough;
3. reception quality is good, gets through walls (receiver is in the ground floor, camera is in the 2nd floor);
4. good value for the price, you don't feel shortchanged;
5. thus far, i've been using the receiver and camera for 10-12 hrs. a day and the adaptors and receiver don't seem to get hot (a little bit warm at most);
6. video is colored, turns into black & white by sunset, and very effective during daytime or in well-lit areas.
1. it's an unsecured 2.4ghz frequency;
2. no expection of privacy as anyone with enough knowhow can snoop into the 2.4ghz frequency and see what you're seeing;
3. the adaptors aren't for north america (make sure to request the right one);
4. 2.4ghz is so common and will always encounter interference with other 2.4ghz appliances such as cordless phones, microwave, wifi routers etc.
5. interference from other appliances especially wifi router (receiver is close to the wifi) can't be avoided but it's not that bad, video is still very watchable.
6. not a night-vision camera.
1. i've attached the receiver to a sony location free base station, and i can watch the video through my pc/laptor or psp, within or outside of my network or anywhere in the world where there's a wifi connection.
2. since there's no expectation of privacy, i just focused the camera facing the frontyard, a public space and anyone who pries into the camera's 2.4ghz frquency can watch for all he wants, without intruding into someone else's privacy.
3. it's hard to make out the faces of people or plate numbers of vehicles if camera is situated on the second floor facing the street, but if that's what you're looking for, you need to get a higher-end camera with quality zoom lens as this one isn't for you.
4. interference could be in the form of static, snow-like flakes, or horizontal line but by adjusting the channel in the camera, you could lessen the interference by leaps and bounds;
this is a good product and has various uses. bear in mind that this product has an unsecured frequency. you can use this as a baby monitor, nanny-cam or what-have-you but if you're sensitive overall about your privacy and security inside the house, this might not be the best device for your purposes, you're better off buying a wireless ip camera that's password protected either by wep or better yet, wpa or wpa2.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.