• HTC Desire HD charger.

posted by emparado on 01/13/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The price is unbelievable!
    it looks very nice and stylish.
    It has two LED lights:
    the one on the right side indicates if it gets power (a blue light).
    on the left side there is a LED that shows the battery charging state, orange for charging and green for done.

Cons:

it does not come in a box and it there is no manual.
    it's pretty straightforward but there is a problem.
    with my HTC desire HD aslo came a power plug that i can just plug in and on the other side there is female USB connector. i figured that i could just use the cord that is attached to the cradle and and plug that USB in to my HTC wall plug. Turns out that if i do that the cradle does NOT charge the extra battery in the cradle.
    however, if i use the ac adapter that comes with the cradle (ac to micro usb.) it charges both the phone and battery.
    so the result is that i MUST use both cables and have the cradle nearby a wall power supply if i want to charge them both at the same time, pretty annoying .
    it's a very loose fit in the cradle. i can rock the phone in all directions. And when fitted, it tips slightly to the left.

OtherThoughts:

The LED's give a very strong light. if you plan to use on your bedside table you may find it to bright (you have been warned.).
    It would be awesome if this product had a 3,5mm out jack for audio.
    i bought the extra battery for this cradle as well, have not tested it yet but will do a review when i have.

Bottomline:

when you have it hooked up via the attached USB cable to your PC you can sync and charge your phone. witch is good if you do not plan on using the cradle's extra battery support, if you do, you need to plug in a extra cable.
    I'm glad i bought this item and have used it every day to charge my phone. Better than having my phone laying on it's back getting scratches.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections