Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Useful, but

posted by tofalvip on 06/12/2012
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

This is a great device for laptops not having USB 3.o port to get faster speed in data transmission from/to storage devices.
    This is a light and compact device at an affordable price.
    The build seems OK.

- Cannot be firmly fitted in its slot, but this is a constarint of this connector type. I have finally used some silicone 2-compound, synthetic resin-based glue to avoid any movements that caused unwanted interruptions during its operation.

- The CD supplied with the device was unusable, so I have downloaded the Frisco Logic driver from the internet. It seems OK, but....

- The card sometimes remains in the deactivated state after my computer is waken up from the hibernated state. I don't know the reason. If you have any idea, please visit this forum:

- The transfer speeds I experienced are recorded in this forum:
    There is some improvement compared to USB 2.0 ports, albeit not exceptionally significant.

You will need an USB 3.0 hub if you want to use more than one USB 3.0 pendrives or other USB-based devices with this. I have bought SKU: 55229 for this purpose.

It doesn't brought significant increase in the performance of my system, so I am a bit deceived.

Post comment

DX Everywhere