Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Fun to play with: I bought this to look at my plants, but I've been using it to look at random stuff as well. Your skin, a table, printed paper or you tv. You name it and it looks much more interesting in close-up.
- Lens is very good: yes, it's not perfect (objects not in the center can get blurry), but what do you expect for this price? Objects in the center of the lens are displayed very nicely and that's good enough.
- Build quality of the microscope: It's metal and it has a plastic ring around the lens itself, which helps you focus on the object and makes it a lot harder to damage the lens.
- The LED's are very bright, although you won't need them in a well-lit area.
- Pouch: Simple but very effective at protecting your microscope, so the lens doesn't get scratched.
- Build quality of LED-holder: it's plastic and feels a bit cheap. It can be rotated a tiny bit but you have to use quite some force.
- Lens can be pulled up, but this is useless as it only brings the object out of focus. You would need to bring the object closer (inside the lensholder itself) to be able to view it.
It's a great cheap toy, much better quality than you would expect for this price. Kids will probably love it, so make sure to get them one! And then get one for yourself as well, since it's great for non-kids too.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.