Customer’s impression:
Good product Fantastic tiny Item Does exactly what it is supposed to do.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very Good, a few easy to fix quirks

posted by tz2026 on 11/07/2010
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Tiny, does b/g/n, Common chipset

Cons:

Need to compile a Linux module (should be fixed in newer distros).
    Status LED is almost hidden by case, only visible right at edge since plastic is opaque

OtherThoughts:

The linux driver works, but requires knowing how to compile a custom module for the running kernel which takes some effort.
    If the plastic is carefully removed the LED can be exposed and works as you might expect. I used some diagonal cutters on the smaller square side flush with the USB shield which popped of the main part, then carefully snipped away the rest since part of the inside plastic was directly over the LED. The module will slide out of the metal so you need to use something like ShoeGoo to hold and encase it after removing the opaque plastic.
    I haven't tested the range or signal other than it works with an AP at the far side of the room. I have antennas and other adapters (many from DX!) for those.

Bottomline:

I have a small embedded device so was looking for something like this - very small, and it basically works.
    If the LED was visible without hacking, I would have given it all 5s, since it is nice to know if it is actually all the way in, recognized, and sending.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections