There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works.

posted by gossg on 11/09/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Short protrusion is convenient and far less likely to break off.
    It just works. What more can be said.
    Enclosed instruction book was all in character, but a good manual was a PDF on the drivers disk.
    Really solid feeling build quality.

Cons:

How much antenna can you expect in a unit this size. With my Asus stick, the router two rooms over shows 85% signal strength, and 60% for the one in the basement. This one is 50% for the router two rooms over and 26% for the one in the basement.
    One of my defense programs gave a "software not found - probable malware" during installation. But AVG seemed to be happy. After the required reboot, everything ran well.
    I haven't used it longer to see if any other problems.

OtherThoughts:

When the builtin wifi failed on my wife's computer, we bought (locally) an Asus wifi stick. Later, my builtin wifi failed too -- must be something ugly in the air here.
    I have a habit of breaking off memory sticks. I get really nervous about our full-size Asus stick, especially since it now sits at a 20 degree angle. So I bought this. If it doesn't stick out, I can't break it.
    I have two routers. It sees the one two rooms over at 50% signal and the one in the basement (two floors away) at 26% signal. It connects to both at "G" -- I don't remember if either router is supposed to support N. Unlike user TK, I can see the inner LED when in use. Look straight down the side of the computer and you can see through an opening.

Bottomline:

Solid. Feels unbreakable, especially since there's no leverage on it.
    Connected right away.
    Just works. What else can I say?

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections