good Very good Good product compact Fine
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Works.

posted by gossg on 11/09/2010
    3 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Short protrusion is convenient and far less likely to break off.
    It just works. What more can be said.
    Enclosed instruction book was all in character, but a good manual was a PDF on the drivers disk.
    Really solid feeling build quality.

How much antenna can you expect in a unit this size. With my Asus stick, the router two rooms over shows 85% signal strength, and 60% for the one in the basement. This one is 50% for the router two rooms over and 26% for the one in the basement.
    One of my defense programs gave a "software not found - probable malware" during installation. But AVG seemed to be happy. After the required reboot, everything ran well.
    I haven't used it longer to see if any other problems.

When the builtin wifi failed on my wife's computer, we bought (locally) an Asus wifi stick. Later, my builtin wifi failed too -- must be something ugly in the air here.
    I have a habit of breaking off memory sticks. I get really nervous about our full-size Asus stick, especially since it now sits at a 20 degree angle. So I bought this. If it doesn't stick out, I can't break it.
    I have two routers. It sees the one two rooms over at 50% signal and the one in the basement (two floors away) at 26% signal. It connects to both at "G" -- I don't remember if either router is supposed to support N. Unlike user TK, I can see the inner LED when in use. Look straight down the side of the computer and you can see through an opening.

Solid. Feels unbreakable, especially since there's no leverage on it.
    Connected right away.
    Just works. What else can I say?

Post comment

DX Everywhere