DX » Community » Reviews » EDUP Ultra-Mini Nano USB 2.0 802.11n 150Mbps Wifi/WLAN Wireless Network Adapter
  • 5 star 135 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 30 ( 18% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best WiFi You can buy! :)

posted by boober on 01/23/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The smallest and most convenient WiFi "subdongle" ever had been sold! :) I didn't test it's maximum speed, I just have no "N" access point, I just needed a thing to upgrade my old laptop the way it still be handy to carry and hold. But all that WiFi's I could find over Moscow was either PCMCIA controllers with oar-like antennas or finger-long USB plugs that, furthermore, costs a lot.
    Now, I just find what I want. It's as little as possible, yeah. It doesn't stick out of laptop's casing so I shure the USB socket and plug are out of danger. It works thru 4 walls of brick and 10m dist. over my flat. It seems to built firmly, and it's rather possible to lose it than to crash :)

Cons:

Price is biggish a little, IMHO. The things of this kind are all produced with "one stamp's hit", so it seems we pay a third over for an actual popularity of WiFi :)
    Also, when I tried to use it with XP native WiFi control panel (only using a USB device driver from the disk appended), it has some difficulties with establishing a connection. But when I just installed all the software pack from CD (and applied some shaman skills, i don't remember what), it started to work fine, and it still does.

OtherThoughts:

It's realy the best choice for that thousands of owners of that old Piii laptops with no WiFi. I recommend this little thing for you all! Just buy, plug and start to feel free! :)) Your machine is still suitable for most of current needs - make it quite comfortable in addition, with the same outward, with no shovels or fingers outside :) Have no five hundreds for that shiny wireless mousetrap? Make your old one catch the second wind with this great item.

Bottomline:

Extremally good for it's idea, the price may be some lower. Maybe, i'll buy more of these.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections