Customer’s impression:
good Very good Good product compact Fine
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Best WiFi You can buy! :)

posted by boober on 01/23/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

The smallest and most convenient WiFi "subdongle" ever had been sold! :) I didn't test it's maximum speed, I just have no "N" access point, I just needed a thing to upgrade my old laptop the way it still be handy to carry and hold. But all that WiFi's I could find over Moscow was either PCMCIA controllers with oar-like antennas or finger-long USB plugs that, furthermore, costs a lot.
    Now, I just find what I want. It's as little as possible, yeah. It doesn't stick out of laptop's casing so I shure the USB socket and plug are out of danger. It works thru 4 walls of brick and 10m dist. over my flat. It seems to built firmly, and it's rather possible to lose it than to crash :)

Price is biggish a little, IMHO. The things of this kind are all produced with "one stamp's hit", so it seems we pay a third over for an actual popularity of WiFi :)
    Also, when I tried to use it with XP native WiFi control panel (only using a USB device driver from the disk appended), it has some difficulties with establishing a connection. But when I just installed all the software pack from CD (and applied some shaman skills, i don't remember what), it started to work fine, and it still does.

It's realy the best choice for that thousands of owners of that old Piii laptops with no WiFi. I recommend this little thing for you all! Just buy, plug and start to feel free! :)) Your machine is still suitable for most of current needs - make it quite comfortable in addition, with the same outward, with no shovels or fingers outside :) Have no five hundreds for that shiny wireless mousetrap? Make your old one catch the second wind with this great item.

Extremally good for it's idea, the price may be some lower. Maybe, i'll buy more of these.

Post comment

DX Everywhere