Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• I like it

posted by QuantumBox on 02/21/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I bought it to replace my wireless to my laptop, because that was slow. So this is obviously much faster. Another review says there are faster cables, and I'm sure he's right, but this is fast enough for me.

I like how it's flat, makes it really easy to coil up such a long cord in a really small package.

The ends feel really well made, with a nice rubber cover to keep the clip from snagging

Cons:

Could be slower than 5e, so if you're looking for the absolute fastest cable, apparently this isn't it. But if you're just looking for something inexpensive and long enough to go across your large room, this does the trick.

OtherThoughts:

I would buy it again. I like how it's shaped, so that keeps it out of the way and allows it to move around easily, as opposed to the round ones, which are stiff and stubborn.

In my setup, we have a PC near the modem and my laptop across the room, all in the living room. So most of my downloads are through the PC anyway, and the laptop is just for browsing/email/youtube and the occasional quick download. So since the laptop is moving around a lot, a thick round cord would be awkward and annoying. It would kink easily and that would affect performance. So for that reason, I prefer this one.

Bottomline:

But it if your top priority is flexibility or portability.

But if your router/modem is near your computer and your top priority is speed, then buy a shorter round cable and just connect directly.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections