DX » Community » Reviews » 1080P Full HD Media Player with AV/HDMI/USB/SD/MMC (Silver)
  • 5 star 40 ( 66% )
  • 4 star 20 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Portable Entertainment

posted by mbacardi on 04/08/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It's as small as a credit card and as thin as a cellphone, but lighter than the last one;
    Played all media I had (wma, avi, mkv, mp4). But I had an issue with one format (see "Cons");
    Plays subtitles .SRT multiline, with accents (Portuguese), combined to .mp4 and .mkv file types. I haven't tested other subtitle formats yet;
    No heating problem that I could notice unusual;
    HDMI 1.3 included.

Cons:

x.264 movies: I noticed that all downloaded x.264 movies (720p or 1080p - .mp4) played only their first 1h30m ~ 1h50m, never the whole movie. From the beginning, it plays the movie fine, suddenly it stops, returning to menu (file list). I tryed to use "Go to" function to set any time beyond the crashing point, it just won't work.
    On my computer it doesn't happend, I can watch it from end to end. To workaround it, I have to download the movies encoded by Xvid to make it to work. According to the movies I've downloaded so far, this player does not (fully) support x.264 (H.264) encoded movies to a .MP4 file (or container). I've got fully functional "The Social Network" (1080p/x.264/AAC/2h07m) encoded to a .MKV file.
    Remote: Awefull! It isn't intuitive (see on photos where the "Play" button is);
    Subtitles: size cannot be changed. Three colors only: white, red and blue. As a matter of fact, you'll see s!@#$%hit selecting red or blue.
    Menu: Audio "Selsect" ?
    HDMI cable is heavier than the unit.

OtherThoughts:

Related to "x.264 movies" cons, I don't thing that would by a big issue but it's something we have to concern before downloading a movie.

Bottomline:

I'm very satisfied with it. Highly recommended!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections