• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works

posted by lynxSnowCat on 03/18/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

C7/C8 connectors are not only for PS3, I bought this for use with the Soshine U1 4-Channel Quick Charger (sku.06194) and it has done its job nicely.
    The switch provides positive tactile feedback, and has an audible 'click' when actuated.
    Though the seams are visible, the unit seems sturdy

Cons:

The switch, while providing positive tactile feedback, does feel a bit soft.
    Only one of the two lines are actually switched, the one nearest the 'off' mark in mine case.

OtherThoughts:

While not the cheapest option on Dealextreme (at the time I bought it), it is the best looking one and unlike that scary looking thing with the brass rivets stickign out ot the sides this one did not have reports of damaging equipment.
    I would like if both lines were switching, then I would know that it is connected to would be electrically isolated.
    Manufacturer claims that this is "Made out of high resistance polymer which is fireproof and has been built to last."

Bottomline:

Buy it if you need to add a switch to anything with a C7/C8 connection and don't want to splice in a lamp switch. I know I will for my old laptop.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections