Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- Lower power consumption than regular 1156/1157 bulb.
- Build quality is good.
- Direct replacement for a 1156 bulb (no modifications needed)
- Slightly less than equal brightness than a regular 1156/1157. (About 10% less bright)
- Taller/longer than a regular 1156/1157 bulb (may not fit in some housings)
- Cool white light may be annoying if using as a working area light or reading light in RV's.
- These should be less expensive.
- Light distribution in a reflector housing will be different than the regular 1156/1157 bulbs as the array of LED's block light from passing through where a glass bulb would allow it (make bulb dimmer in light box).
- If you are looking to use these in RV's for a sitting/reading/area light I would suggest getting a warmer white bulb. These tend to hurt the eyes after a few minutes.
- Some light boxes have lenses designed to focus light from a regular 1156/1157 bulb and will be less effective with this LED bulb.
- Get this bulb if you want have lower power consumption.
- This bulb will not be significantly brighter than a good 1156 incandescent bulb.
- Check to make sure you have extra room for the longer/taller LED bulb.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.