photos and videos here!

• A very pleasant surprise!

posted by Lightfan99 on 01/31/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Good price!
    Good design and Solid build.
    Felt pads on the outer guitar metal 'clips helped prevent damage to the outer guitar surface.
    Seems to work okay!

Cons:

Not really a 'con', but some advice about a difficult with installation.
    I used this on an old classical guitar, and though the size of the pickup unit was suitable for installing, the metal clips were too close together.
    So, I had to spread them apart slightly to be able to fit it on my guitar.
    Since this works on a classical guitar with nylon strings, the pickup must not be magnetic --- but, most likely a single microphone in the unit.
    I'm just a beginner, and I'm really interested in just having a bit of fun with it for now --- so that's not a problem for me.
    But, it might make a difference for somebody wanting to get professional quality sound in a formal performance setting.

OtherThoughts:

Once it's on the guitar, it's a bit difficult to remove; and, you have to be very careful --- so that you don't damage the guitar.
    The amplified sound that it produced for me was not too impressive; but, I think that the reason for that was more likely a substandard amp than the quality of the pickup.

Bottomline:

Check out the reviews of more experienced guitar players regard sound quality, before making your decision on whether this is suitable for your needs.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

• Over 200,000 products
  • Extremely low prices
  • Timely refunds and replacements
  • Worldwide free shipping

Subscribe to our newsletter:

DX Everywhere