DX » Community » Reviews » SIPIK HK23 1-CR123A Cree Q3-WC 3-Mode 160-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1*CR123A)
  • 5 star 3 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• SIPIK single-cell 160 lumen flashlight

posted by sigmapixma on 01/03/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Quality machining, threads are cut cleanly and are large enough to prevent cross threading.
    TIGHT internal tolerances; not a chirp or a rattle when assembled with 3.7v RCR.
    Searingly bright at night; while I can't say whether it's 160L otf, it fits the niche for those that prefer not to burn through coin-style batteries using a keychain LED all the time.

Cons:

There really is only one minor drawback to this little gem, and that's the omission of mode memory. While you can argue all day long that
    "x" company won't use memory, or "y" company offers memory as standard...try this instead; before switching the light off, give the switch a half-press before turning it off.

OtherThoughts:

In the comments section, I posted that the location of the clicky would cause it to turn on in a pocket or holster. Happily, I can tell you that is NOT the case, as you must exert the type and directionality of pressure on the switch that can only be done manually.

Bottomline:

There are quite a few single-123a flashlights on DX, and though this is the first one I've purchased (despite thinking it would destroy any unprotected cell I used) I'm very happy with it. I've always wanted an LED that I could EDC without wearing a holster or knocking the pockets out of my jeans. This one wins on almost every front, and is good value for money.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections