DX » Community » Reviews » Mini Red Light Lightsabre LED Keychain (4*AG3)
  • 5 star 15 ( 79% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 16% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Seems fine

posted by H3g3m0n on 08/01/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Simple.

The red bar button has cool red led.

Worked with my 3.5" 2TB SATA drive.

Works fine in Linux (Not unexpected, it's a standard mass storage device so anything that works with USB storage should be fine, most modern BIOS will probably support booting, OSX, etc...).

Small enough that you can plug it into a drive without taking it out of a computer case (depending on the PC case though).

Cons:

Kind of cheapish plastic cover.

You are likely to hit the red button when unplugging it which could start the backup procedure or whatever.

S.M.A.R.T. functions don't work over the USB.

The one touch backup is unlikely to work under Linux/OSX as it relies on Windows software (although I don't need it).

OtherThoughts:

USB 2.0 is a bit to slow for bulk transfers. Trying to run HDD Regenerator on my 2TB drive over this was going to take 33hours on my desktop (and 127 hours on my netbook) compared to 8hours on an internal SATA connection. I recommend looking at the more expensive USB 3.0 version if your going to be doing anything major (or an eSATA dock). Of course then you also need a USB3.0 port which might require a pcie card.

Remember to get an AC adapter for your region :)

Bottomline:

No problems.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections