• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Well made, but non-slip?

posted by mongman on 03/17/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very well made. The quality is excellent and detail work very impressive. They are light gloves and don't interfere with motion and allow the hand to still perform picky detail work.

Cons:

The one and only con really goes to the heart of these gloves, and that is that the gloves aren't really non-slip. Yes they have fine rubber (or similar) beads on the entire palm side of the glove, but the material used for those beads seems in most cases to REDUCE grip. On glass/china/ceramics it is basically equivalent to having wet soap on your hands because grip is virtually non-existant. On painted wood or glossy plastics the grip from these gloves is noticeably less than just your bare hand. On softer plastic, rubber and steel, however, grip is good, if not great enough to justify the lack of grip elsewhere.

OtherThoughts:

These may or may not be real 5.11s, I don't know. I don't recally having ever seen these style on their website before, but the quality and detail work would certainly live up to their high standards. It may be that I got a bad pair, or that this is a rejected quality control batch (which would explain the cheap price) but these certainly don appear on my experience to be non-slip.

Bottomline:

Not great in the non-slip department, which is a pity because there gloves are otherwise very, very impressive.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections