DX » Community » Reviews » Rechargeable Portable 1.3" LCD TF/USB MP3 Music Speaker with FM Radio - Silver (3.5mm Jack)
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 100% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great Product with a few things to watch out for

posted by krs99 on 04/15/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Build quality of this product is excellent, the only thing I don't like is the plastic base.

Features available are extensive. If I can add a picture here later I will do so from the user guide to summarize the features

Sound quality is very good for tiny speakers like that

Cons:

Well - first issue is the same with many of these items - the default language is Chinese and it took me quite a while of guessing and button pushing until I found the English language setting.

Once it's set to a language it stays there, so that's good.

My unit had two problems when I received it, both firmware related it seems - for one, it didn't keep time at all, and I mean "AT ALL" - when 6 hours had passed the clock only showed about three hours had elapsed. It was obvious that the seconds ticked by much too slow.

That was fixed by running the unit on its internal battery power until the battery was exhausted and then recharging the battery.

Clock has been fine ever since.

The second issue was that the unit didn't ignore invisible shortcut type files that were created either on the PC or the USB stick/memory card and thus stopped advancing from one song to the next if the next song was one of these files. Other mp3 players I have just skip over these files.

This problem only happens with mp3 files, not with wav files.

I also found that the delete a file option doesn't work with the SD card (that function is not supported when using a USB stick)

As to the FM radio - the unit uses a short mini audio cable as the FM antenna - that doesn't work that well because the cable is flexible and any slight movement changes the reception

OtherThoughts:

The firmware on my unit dates from 2009 and is identified as S250A V 0.7

Maybe a later firmware version adresses the issues I have found so far - they all seem to be firmware related.

I use it with an 8GB USB stick and also with an 8GB micro SD card - don't know what the maximum is but 8GB definitely works

Bottomline:

Great little unit

Much more capable than than other MP3 players at this price point

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections