DX » Community » Reviews » Handheld Rechargeable 2.4G Mini Wireless Keyboard with TrackPad and Red Laser
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works great, nice range.

posted by SwissCM on 01/24/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

I'm using this as a media center controller. It works great. The keys have a nice tactile click and feel nice and consistent. They aren't rubberized like the other similar keyboard available here, which is a good thing in my opinion. The operation distance, while not really 10m is still very good (it worked reliably within a 4m range for me). There is a backlight, something not mentioned in the product description and the trackpad works just as expected. The build quality is actually quite nice with no obvious problems with the casing and it feels nice and solid.

Cons:

Battery life is pretty weak and the lack of a user replaceable battery concerns me considering the price. My delete key is a bit mushy however it's the only key that isn't perfect and despite that it still works fine, it just doesn't have a nice clicky feel to it like the other buttons. There is no obvious way to turn off the "Tap to Click" feature of the touchpad which is rather annoying. Bluetooth instead of a proprietary USB 2.0 dongle would have been nice. The integrated laser pointer is pretty useless and just serves to inflate the price of the product, which I might add is quite high.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

~$38 may seem pretty steep for this but considering it's relatively high quality it's actually not too bad. I recommend it, though if they cut the laser pointer, replaced the RF transmitter with Bluetooth support and reduced the price a bit it would be perfect.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections