DX » Community » Reviews » E366 Compact Vehicle Rear Sight Waterproof Video Camera (DC 12V/NTSC)
  • 5 star 12 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Camera

posted by WuTangcl on 10/12/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This Camera has a real clear image and it gives you a good image in the dark to, when you got 2 reversing lights on your car like me, it works like a charm and the video is real clear. in daytime the picture is just perfect. and the sharpness for its price is real nice.

The housing is Metal and real sturdy. its just a very decent camera for its money.

Cons:

There are a few cons though in my opinion.

- The lines on the image of the camera cannot be removed and if you have no other option then to install it upside down on you car, then the lines are in the top of the video. Really annoying. Wish there was a way to shut it off.

- Suprisingly the plugs on the camera are bigger the the screw to attach it to your car. Meaning you have to either drill a hole large enough to fit the plugs and then use rings to attach the camera with the bolt. Or just cut the wires and resolder them after installation of the camera... Thats my only reason the build quality gets 3 stars

- Usefullnes 4 stars because of the lines in the image.

OtherThoughts:

When you install the camera on your car, just cut a double sided piece of tape on the back of the camer before attaching it with the screw. that will prevent your camera from twisting because of vibrations of your car.

I have bought this camera together with SKU 49796 lcd monitor and it is a perfect combination. all the supplied cables with the camera and monitor were enough to completly install it without having to buy addional cables.

I have installed the camera relitivly high on my car so i can double it as a rearview mirror. that also works like a charm but the only con on that is that images on the camera like other cars seam very far away, but in reality they are way closer then youd expect.

Bottomline:

I'd recommend this camera if you dont mind the lines on the image. and if you buy it with SKU 49796, you have a great combo deal for very little money.

Parking with this set is really an ease and in my car without any viewing backwards cause of cargo, this is awesome.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections