DX » Community » Reviews » Protective Impact Defender Housing Case for Ipod Touch 4 - Black
  • 5 star 12 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Rugged!

posted by wontpontificate on 04/06/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Rugged as heck! Feels like I've wrapped the thing in a truck tyre!

-Fits amazingly well. No rattles, all buttons accessable, etc. Even a cut out for the Apple logo!

-Excellent value for what you pay for

Cons:

-Molding is a little dodgy, but easily sorted with a pen knife. Note that this does not affect the inside, just the outside.

-Protective films are a royal pain in the arse to apply. Sticky bits are stupidly difficult to adhere to the little rims around the case. Wound up not being able to get it all on.

OtherThoughts:

Does a fantastic job protecting the Touch. I've put mine through the mill, and haven't had a single problem. Very durable, and well worth the price. Does add quite a bit of bulk to your svelte little Touch though, making it closer to the first gen iPhone in size

Bottomline:

If you're looking for a stylish way to carry your iPod, this sure as heck isn't it. If you're looking for something that'll survive a couple of drops, and handle being thrown into a bag with a bunch of other things, this is your case. Similar to a name brand case on the market, but orders of magnitude less expensive.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections