Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very good flashlight

posted by lolland on 08/03/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I like this flashlight very much. The zoom function makes it much more usable than all other led lights I've used. I also like that it takes AA batteries, I only got two 14500s so if I'm going camping for an extended time I can just bring along a pack of AAs for when the 14500s are empty. Flood gives a very even and wide light witch is good for hiking in the dark. The throw setting gives a quite concentrated spot for lighting up things far away. I does get warm very fast, but even after an hour at max it didn't get any warmer so I call it a hand warmer feature. Orange ring around the lens makes the flashlight easier to find compared to a pure black one.

Cons:

Although I love the size of this I do wish it was straighter, but that is only a personal preference.

As seen on the pictures it does have glaring in form of a ring outside the focus point witch is esthetically unpleasing.

You change modes by turning the light off and on again, but the time you can have it off and it still changes mode is very long. If I use the light it high then turn it off for a while it will turn on again in low.

OtherThoughts:

A carrying holster for this would be nice.

After getting hold of a laptop battery with 12 working 18650 batteries inside it I regret not buying the 18650 version of this flashlight.

Bottomline:

You won't regret buying this, at least I didn't.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections