DX » Community » Reviews » Romisen RC-29 CREE Q5 WC 3-Mode 180-Lumen Convex Lens LED Flashlight with Strap (1*AA/1*14500)
  • 5 star 13 ( 68% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 26% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• great, but not for NiMh rechargeables

posted by sitely on 12/20/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very bright, typical of Romisen flashlights. Focusing is good, from wide flood all the way to spot. Spot light shows the LED as a square with all the wires and circuits.

Cons:

This light is made for higher voltages only. I was using rechargeable NiMh which has 1.3 Volts but as soon as the voltage dropped below 1.3 Volts the flashlight would stop working!!! My simple solution is to use alkaline batteries, and the alkaline batteries have not failed me yet. Alkaline batteries have 1.5 Volts and takes some use before it drains down to 1.3 Volts.

OtherThoughts:

Price wise, this light is 50% more expensive than other Romisen lights. If it wasn't for the focusing aspect of this light I would have gotten some of the other Romisen lights.

Bottomline:

Good light if you want focusing ability, but you need higher voltage power source. You cannot use NiCad or NiMh rechargeables. NiMh batteries will only last a short time before this flashlight stops working. A remedy is to use alkaline batteries for this flashlight.
    If you can take a plain non-focusing flashlight with spot beam, then go for the Romisen RC-G2 also on the DealExtreme site. It will cost a lot less, and the RC-G2 can use NiMh rechargeables batteries without any problems.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections