DX » Community » Reviews » 1.8" LCD Portable MP3 Music Speaker with FM Radio/USB/SD/MMC Slot/Remote Controller (Black)
  • 5 star 5 ( 56% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• does the job (almost) perfectly

posted by riebroek on 06/29/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Well built, although you can touch the speakers it's not very likely that they wil damage quickly in normal use.
    Sound quality is much better than you would expect, they're no bass monsters but the speakers provide enough low to make it sound quite good. High is a little bit sharp.

Cons:

Equalizer only works with mp3, not fm
    FM reception is little bit too sensitive, antenna might have been longer for better reception. I already attached a piece of copper (UTP) wire and now it's much better.
    When charging on USB port the fm reception is lost. I use an AC mini usb charger, then the reception is ok and I can also use it without the battery in.
    Manual is VERY bad, on back of accessoiries box

OtherThoughts:

The little speakers displace quite some air, I wonder if a little bass reflection port would improve low sound quality.
    Also, a manual bass/treble setting might be very nice to take away a little of the sharpy high tones.
    It will be very likely that I will modify this little wonder

Bottomline:

I take it along when I'm working and I mainly use it for FM and some MP3. I like it very much and it does the job what it's intended for, nothing more, nothing less.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections