DX » Community » Reviews » High Temperature Tape (10mm x 10m / 300-C)
  • 5 star 17 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byPerumal on 12/25/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Roll of high temperature kapton tape, with an adhesive which is stable at high temperature. Used to protect solder pads while undergoing the first pass of soldering, holds up well to the soldering cycle. Useful while prototyping, when multiple passes have to be... Read more

0 0
  • posted by961sparky on 11/16/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:For lead free reflow work, this stuff works as advertised. I've ordered some of the other tape on DX and they tend to melt at 200-210 C and I was less than impressed. This stuff doesn't melt even at 240-250 C which is the temperature I set the rework station at, and it... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymf2forever on 10/19/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:i have got it and use it for many things. this tape is good for isolating circuit or cables that might be a problem when it hot and hotter. i test it by ironing this tape, and this tape still protect the cable or circuit. very nice tool to have Cons:just the g... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfruzzetti on 11/10/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Withstands high temperatures in an automotive setting (under hood attached to a supercharger). Holds up against various solvents pretty well. Withstands SMD soldering temperatures. Cons:This type of tape is not useful if you plan to tear it like you would duct... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOzTrev on 09/01/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:* The tape is heat resistant to 305C (tested with SMD hot air tool) * The quality of this tape is surprisingly good given the low price * The low price cannot be beaten! Cons:* The tape is sticky, but perhaps not quite as sticky as brand name tape which costs... Read more

0 0
  • posted byArtemiy84 on 05/31/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:small price. excellent high-temperature protective film. excellent performance is heated to a temperature above 280 degrees Celsius - all excellent, well-protected parts of the plastic surface of the chip Cons:None to date OtherThoughts:good choice for professionals Exc... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrugvlad on 05/21/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Basicaly what it does it "glues" something where you have high temperature. Make sure you don't go over 300 degrees C. It's very thin, and you have the impresion that it will hold a lifetime, and it does for me. I only use like 5 to 10 com at a setting, so yea... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAKobe on 02/04/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Excellent tape for an outstanding price. Withstands easily the high temperatures reached when doing SMD rework. You must have this tape if you are doing some DIY work. It's also a good insulator and serves for many purposes other than soldering. Cons:Maybe is no... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylukasandrysik on 01/11/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Cheap product - in my local store very similar tape with very similar size is sold for 15USD! Good helper when operating with high temperatures - like when soldering to make "no solder zone" sticking it to some place. Saw this tape in notebooks and L... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytalosds on 11/13/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Excellent kapton tape for an outstanding price. Withstands easily the high temperatures reached when doing SMD rework. It's also a good insulator and serves for many purposes other than soldering (e.g.: as a heat-resistant insulating material in devices that h... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections