Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Glad I bought two because one didn't work.

posted by LancelotLink on 10/03/2012
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Minimal profile when inserted, low cost, adequate build quality, bright color makes it easy to find in a black laptop bag.

Cons:

Quality control issue: I bought two and only one worked -- but two were still less expensive than a slightly fancier SD card reader I bought on DX.

Build quality: looks and feels like a toy from a gumball machine.

Design flaw: There's no way to attach the enclosed lanyard without drilling another hole in the cap. If I did carry it around on the lanyard, I'd be worried the drive would fall out of the cap; the snap doesn't feel like a good connection.

OtherThoughts:

Got this because I needed a USB drive to sit permanently in the back of a WiFi clock radio. I didn't want a big thumb drive hanging out the back, and I didn't want a blinky LED flashing all night long. It works well given those requirements. So far I'm not noticing any heat build-up, which has been a problem with other USB drives and card readers I've used in this application.

Bottomline:

Combined with an SD card, this makes about the smallest, least expensive thumb drive out there. I'm happy with the reader that works, and I'm not bothered very much that the second one doesn't because the cost was so low .

If you want a better quality reader and don't mind a blinky LED, order SKU 25558 instead. It has a slightly smaller profile when inserted and feels more substantial.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections