DX » Community » Reviews » Super Mini 60X Microscope with 2-LED Illumination + Money/Currency Detecting UV Light (3*LR1130)
  • 5 star 29 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 9 ( 23% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Teeny Tiny

posted by Alejo on 12/15/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The summary should give you a clue. I will post photos so you can see what to expect. Once the miniature nature of it is established it can be useful if you want to examine very small objects with probably a higher degree of magnification than most hand held glasses. the light is quite powerful and floods the field well enough to make even small details stand out sharply. I have no use for the ultra violet but it too is of sufficient intensity to illuminate water markings etc. The little case would be useful for protection if you carry it in a pocket.

Cons:

The mini-size was a bit of a shock. The entire aparatus is about 2X2 inches. The utility is extremely limited by this scale.

OtherThoughts:

For the price I hardly expected a "real" microscope, even DX could not turn that trick, but I did expect a bit more. I will probably find ways to amuse myself with it by loooking at bugs or something.

Bottomline:

As long as you know the above and have a use for this size object the price will not break the bank.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections