DX » Community » Reviews » G4 1.25W 110-Lumen 6500K 25-SMD LED Car White Light Bulb (DC 12V)
  • 5 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cool white LED bulb ... DC only!

posted by wks79 on 11/01/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Not really G4 bulbs (the pins are too wide apart) but nothing a little plier work won't solve. These bulbs emit a cool white glow and are nearly as bright as equivalent halogens without the heat.

Cons:

I did a mistake of not checking my lamps which turned out to be using 12V AC-AC adaptor so this resulted in heavy flickering from the bulbs. Changing the adaptor to a AC-DC 12V equivalent fixed this but resulted in more rewiring work for me. So avoid this mistake and check your lamps first.

OtherThoughts:

To fit these bulbs into a G4 socket, using needle nose pliers, first bend the legs apart slightly a few milimeters above the base. Then bend them back towards each other slightly lower from the first bend until they match the G4 pin distance. Just forcing the bulb without bending might result in the pins breaking off

Bottomline:

Great replacements for dangerously hot halogens at a low price. Needs a little work to fit but the price and performance makes it worth it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections