There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Worth buying, but beware.

posted by DanielVersiani on 05/13/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Tight grip on the phone. At first I was in doubt if it would fit the iphone 4 because of the round edges, but the fit is pretty good. Its also pretty easy to install. Adjusting the position is fairly simple and I see this fitting any sort of bikes.

Ok, so... it really has some weak spots, but I guess its not something I can complain with the price of this unit.

Its all plastic, and it looks like hard plastic. For my case, I dont think it will be such a problem because I ride a roadbike on asphalt and there isnt really a lot of vibration. But I cant see this thing lasting for a while with mountain biking or something like that.

There are no paddings protecting the phone from the plastic and you cant put your phone in the mount with a case, because the fit is pretty tight with the "naked" phone.

I dont know if it was only the one I received, but the connection between the base and the "holder" is really week and depends on gravity to stay in place. So, if you run over a bump or something theres a good chance it will drop.

It all depends on how you plan to use this thing. Its a 5 dollar plastic mount holding a very expensive device, so be careful.

I have a few mod plans to fix some safety issues I found on it. The first thing I did was to super glue the two parts after I set it on my bike.

I also developed a "safety rope" atached to the phone in case the thing breaks to avoid the phone falling on the floor.

Anyway, since my rides are usually smooth, I guess I will be all good after a few mods to increase the safety. It really is a worth purchase if you dont have any wild plans and are willing to do your own modifications to make it safer, considering the risks.

Post comment

DX Everywhere