There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Worth buying, but beware.

posted by DanielVersiani on 05/13/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Tight grip on the phone. At first I was in doubt if it would fit the iphone 4 because of the round edges, but the fit is pretty good. Its also pretty easy to install. Adjusting the position is fairly simple and I see this fitting any sort of bikes.

Cons:

Ok, so... it really has some weak spots, but I guess its not something I can complain with the price of this unit.

Its all plastic, and it looks like hard plastic. For my case, I dont think it will be such a problem because I ride a roadbike on asphalt and there isnt really a lot of vibration. But I cant see this thing lasting for a while with mountain biking or something like that.

There are no paddings protecting the phone from the plastic and you cant put your phone in the mount with a case, because the fit is pretty tight with the "naked" phone.

I dont know if it was only the one I received, but the connection between the base and the "holder" is really week and depends on gravity to stay in place. So, if you run over a bump or something theres a good chance it will drop.

OtherThoughts:

It all depends on how you plan to use this thing. Its a 5 dollar plastic mount holding a very expensive device, so be careful.

I have a few mod plans to fix some safety issues I found on it. The first thing I did was to super glue the two parts after I set it on my bike.

I also developed a "safety rope" atached to the phone in case the thing breaks to avoid the phone falling on the floor.

Bottomline:

Anyway, since my rides are usually smooth, I guess I will be all good after a few mods to increase the safety. It really is a worth purchase if you dont have any wild plans and are willing to do your own modifications to make it safer, considering the risks.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections